TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama running back Joshua Jacobs received weekly SEC honors on Monday.
Jacobs was named the SEC Freshman of the Week following his performance against Kentucky on Saturday.
Jacobs made the first start of his career in place of starter Damien Harris, who was dealing with an ankle injury.
Jacobs rushed for 100 yards and a touchdown in Alabama’s 34-6 homecoming win over Kentucky.
From the SEC:
- The freshman running back made his first career start and recorded his first 100-yard rushing performance.
- The native of Tulsa, Okla., rushed for a 100 yards and scored a touchdown on just 16 carries to average 6.2 yards per rush.
- Also caught a career-best threes passes for 44 yards to give him 144 total yards from scrimmage.
- Converted nine first downs on 19 touches, including seven rushing first downs and two in the passing game.
- Averaged 7.6 yards per touch with long plays of 28 yards rushing and 23 yards receiving.