Alabama is expecting 15 of its recruits in the Class of 2017 to be enrolled in school before spring practice begins in March, but only 12 members of the class have arrived in Tuscaloosa.
One of the three remaining members expected to arrive before spring practice, 4-star safety Daniel Wright from Boyd Anderson High School (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), was supposed to be in Tuscaloosa on Jan. 6 but now won’t enroll until Feb. 13, according to his mother.
Feb. 13 is also the date that 4-star safety Xavier McKinney is expected to arrive in Tuscaloosa, too. Like Wright, McKinney needs to finish one more class before he gets to Alabama.
Alabama’s other expected early enrollee, 4-star running back Brian Robinson, doesn’t have an enrollment date yet as he finishes high school.
The Crimson Tide officially welcomed its 12 early enrollees on Friday. The list of those on campus for the spring semester is as follows:
- 5-star running back Najee Harris
- 5-star quarterback Tua Tagovailoa
- 5-star wide receiver Jerry Jeudy
- 5-star offensive tackle Alex Leatherwood
- 5-star linebacker Dylan Moses
- 4-star defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs
- 4-star offensive tackle Elliot Baker
- 4-star wide receiver Tyrell Shavers
- 4-star tight end Major Tennison
- 4-star athlete Chadarius Townsend
- 3-star defensive back Kyriq McDonald
- 2-star long snapper Thomas Fletcher
All rankings are provided by the 247Sports composite unless otherwise noted.
Follow Chris on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play in Bryant-Denny.