Fresh off Patrick Murphy notching career victory No. 1,000 with the Crimson Tide’s 5-3 home victory against Kent State on Tuesday night, the coach hopes to start on the next thousand when the No. 9 Alabama softball team begins a three-game series at Missouri.
With a record of 31-4 (7-2 SEC), Alabama is No. 9 in both polls — USA Today/NFCA Coaches and ESPN.com/USA Softball, and is seventh in the latest RPI rankings. Coming off a series loss at Texas A&M, Missouri (18-13, 1-4 SEC) isn’t listed in either poll, with a No. 36 RPI.
Alabama softball at Missouri, game time, details
Game 1: Friday, 7:30 p.m. ET
Game 2: Saturday, 6 p.m., ET
Game 3: Sunday, 1 p.m. ET
Location: Mizzou Softball Stadium, Columbia, Mo.
What TV channel is the Alabama softball at Missouri series game on?
Saturday’s game will air live on the SEC Network.
How can I watch the Alabama softball at Missouri series online?
How can I listen to the Alabama softball at Missouri series?
You can follow the game on 93.3 FM, Tuscaloosa (praise933.com)
What you should know
- Murphy’s career record of 1,000-279 (.782) includes his 28-20 mark as the interim head coach at Northwest Missouri State in 1995. His record at Alabama is 972-259 (.790). which dates back to 1999. He’s just the seventh SEC coach to reach the milestone, joining Ralph and Karen Weekly (Tennessee), Jo Evans (Texas A&M), Clint Meyers (Auburn), Lu Harris-Champer (Georgia) and former coach Joyce Compton (South Carolina, 1987-2010).
- Alabama is one of two SEC schools with more than one 100-strikeout pitchers (Florida is the other). Junior Alexis Osorio is 16-2 with 0.94 ERA and 186 strikeouts, which tops the league and is second nationally, and senior Sydney Littlejohn is 12-1 with a 0.91 ERA and 126.
- Despite now being in the same conference, Alabama and Missouri have only played 18 times. Alabama leads the all-time series 11-7.
- Braxton Burnside leads Missouri in hits with 35, nine of which were for home runs. Pitcher Cheyenne Baxter has a 2.42 ERA and has fanned the most batters 65).
- Alabama will play seven of its next 11 games away from Rhoads Stadium, including a neutral-site contest in Florence, Ala., next Wednesday. However, the Crimson Tide will he home next weekend for a showdown series with No. 10 LSU.