Coming off its series win against LSU, the University of Alabama softball team will host UAB to complete a season home-and-home series. The teams squared off in Birmingham on Feb. 28, with Alabama needing eight innings to pull out a 5-4 victory.
Alabama was ranked No. 11 in last week’s ESPN.com/USA Softball poll and No. 12 in the USA Today/NFCA poll, before winning the series against No. 8 LSU. The new polls come out today (Tuesday).
Overall, Alabama is 35-7, while UAB is 13-25.
In the NCAA’s updated RPI rankings (ratings percentage index), which are used in determining postseason seeding, Alabama is 12th and UAB is No. 148.
Alabama softball vs. UAB, game time, details
Game time: Tuesday, 7 p.m. ET
Location: Rhodes Stadium, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
What’s the best way to keep up with the Alabama softball game vs. UAB?
For those who can’t attend the game:
- Online: SEC Network+
- Radio: 93.3 FM (praise933.com)
- Live stats: rolltide.com
- Twitter updates: @AlabamaSB
What you should know
- Alabama has never lost to UAB, having won all 20 previous meetings.
- UAB has lost four straight games, including a three-game sweep to Louisiana Tech last weekend, and is 4-11 over its last 15 games.
- Crimson Tide second baseman Demi Turner has yet to return to the lineup after suffering a fractured orbital bone and concussion at Missouri on April 1. She tops the team in batting with a .387 average and 43 hits.
- Senior Sydney Littlejohn was the mid-week starter last week against Lipscomb and threw a three-hit shutout while tying her career high for strikeouts with 14. Overall, she’s 14-2 with a 0.93 ERA, and over 121 innings has yielded just 16 earned runs while striking out 148.
- Sophomore second baseman Analyse Petree leads the Blazers in batting average (.293), slugging percentage (.424) and on-base percentage (.386). Freshman Destini England has a team-high 33 hits and 19 runs, and tops Conference USA with five triples.
- Next up, Alabama will head to Knoxville for a weekend series at No. 17 Tennessee. All three games will be shown on the SEC Network.