Four days after Altee Tenpenny’s death, the Alabama football team will honor its former running back with “28” helmet stickers.
The Crimson Tide will wear the decals against the Tennessee Volunteers on Saturday afternoon (via Aaron Suttles of the Tuscaloosa News). Here’s a look at the sticker:
A look at the No. 28 decals on Alabama's helmets in honor of Altee Tenpenny. pic.twitter.com/Mo7y21dmC3
— Marq Burnett (@Marq_Burnett) October 24, 2015
Tenpenny died in a one-car accident on Tuesday evening. News quickly spread to his ex-teammates, who dedicated dozens of social media posts to him. One former teammate successfully raised $15,000 for Tenpenny’s funeral.
The Arkansas native played at ‘Bama in 2013 and 2014 before transferring to UNLV. He was kicked off the team there, and began this season with Nicholls State before a series of bizarre incidents led to his indefinite suspension last weekend.
- Alabama center Ryan Kelly cleared to play vs. Tennessee
- Alabama fans hold wedding at tailgate
- Nick Saban explains “biggest difference” on Alabama stout defense
- Tim Tebow: Jake Coker “makes Alabama a way better football team” because of one thing
- Good news for Alabama, UGA and LSU with nation’s No. 1 prospect