HATTIESBURG, Miss. — Alabama wide receiver commit T.J. Simmons has aspirations of becoming great just like one of his favorite Crimson Tide receivers.
Simmons, a 3-star prospect from Clay-Chalkville High School (Pinson, Ala.) told SEC Country that he sees a little bit of one of Alabama’s best receivers in his game.
“I try to model myself after Amari Cooper just because he worked hard and he wanted to be the best,” Simmons told SEC Country. “That’s what I want to be. I want to be the best.”
Cooper finished his Alabama career with 3,463 receiving yards and 31 touchdowns before getting drafted No. 4 in this past year’s NFL draft by the Oakland Raiders.
The 6-foot-2, 180-pounder will enroll at Alabama in January to get a head start on the competition.
Simmons is rated as the nation’s No. 80 wide receiver and the No. 15 prospect in the state of Alabama.
In the video above, you’ll get the answers to the following questions:
1) Which schools are still recruiting him?
2) How does he feel about that?
3) Which prospects is he trying to recruit for Alabama?
4) What’s his recruiting pitch to those prospects?
5) Does he plan on visiting any other schools before he enrolls in January?