It’s not an Alabama game unless Derrick Henry breaks multiple records.
The Crimson Tide running back set Alabama’s career rushing mark in the third quarter of Monday’s national championship game, and then set a new SEC record for single-season carries with No. 386 against Clemson.
His 27th rush of the game moved him past Georgia great Herschel Walker’s 1981 record. Here is the updated list (with one quarter remaining):
- 386 — Derrick Henry, Alabama (2015)
- 385 — Herschel Walker, Georgia (1981)
- 335 — Herschel Walker, Georgia (1982)
- 325 — Darren McFadden, Arkansas (2007)
- 324 — Rudi Johnson, Auburn (2000)