Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones did all he could to keep his team in the game against the New Orleans Saints. The dominant receiver had yet another big game, gaining 149 yards on 7 catches in a 23-13 loss. That yards total is his highest since gaining 253 yards against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Nov. 26.
Jones’ performance marked the 39th time he has posted 100 receiving yards in a game. He has four 100-yard games this season. His 149 yards also got him closer to yet another milestone.
With 26 receiving yards next week, Julio Jones will become the fastest WR in NFL history to 9,000 career receiving yards (95 games). Lance Alworth currently holds the record at 98 games.
— 🎄 Karol-y (@mattkaroly) December 26, 2017
One of the biggest plays of the game came when Jones failed to score a touchdown. Jones caught the ball at the goal line, but Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore tackled him immediately, and the ball was just inches from crossing the plain. On the next play, the Falcons got stopped on fourth down and had to give the ball back to New Orleans. Jones only has 3 touchdowns this season.
Despite the loss for Atlanta, Jones won the fashion game during warm ups. Since the team played on Christmas Eve, Jones came out wearing a festive sweater vest.
— NFL (@NFL) December 24, 2017
Here is how other former Alabama players fared in NFL Week 16:
- Defensive lineman Courtney Upshaw also had an impact on the game for the Falcons. Upshaw produced his first sack of the season in the loss.
— Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) December 24, 2017
- In the win over the Falcons, Saints running back Mark Ingram racked up 44 yards on 13 carries. Ingram also scored a 26-yard touchdown in the third quarter to put the Saints up by 17.
— Bovada Official (@BovadaLV) December 24, 2017
- Jacksonville Jaguars running back T.J. Yeldon ran for only 13 yards on 5 carries, but scored his second touchdown of the season in a 44-33 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. Yeldo also gained 64 yards on 7 receptions. Defensive tackle Marcell Dareus recorded 1 stop for Jacksonville.
- For the 49ers, linebacker Reuben Foster made 5 tackles, and also recorded a tackle for loss and a pass deflection. After the game, Foster ran around the stadium giving fans high-fives and posing for pictures with the 49ers cheerleaders.
— Jennifer Lee Chan (@jenniferleechan) December 25, 2017
- Miami Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake gained 57 yards on 13 carries in a 29-13 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Linebacker Reggie Ragland recorded 5 tackles for Kansas City in the win.
- Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry rushed for 25 yards on 8 carries in a 27-23 loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
- Chicago Bears safety Eddie Jackson recorded 4 tackles in 20-3 win over the Cleveland Browns.
- Detroit Lions defensive lineman A’Shawn Robinson tied his career high with 7 tackles in a 26-17 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick deflected 3 passes and made 3 tackles for the Bengals.
- New York Giants defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson recorded 3 tackles in a 23-0 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Safety Landon Collins made 1 tackle for the Giants
- Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Jarran Reed recorded 2 tackles and a tackle for loss in a 21-12 win over the Dallas Cowboys.