Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end O.J. Howard has made his presence felt in his rookie year, despite the team having a disappointing season. Howard has been a big target for quarterback Jameis Winston, particularly in the red zone. On Sunday, Howard caught his fifth touchdown pass of the season in the team’s 24-21 loss to the Detroit Lions. This one came from 2 yards out in the fourth quarter.
The former Alabama tight end finished with 54 yards on 5 catches. This season, he has 402 yards on 25 catches and averages 16.1 yards per reception. His longest catch of the season went for 58 yards.
Here is how other former Alabama players fared in NFL Week 14:
- For the Lions, defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson collected 1 tackle and 1 quarterback hit in the win.
- Chicago Bears safety Eddie Jackson forced 2 turnovers in a 33-7 win over the Cincinnati Bengals on his birthday. Jackson also recorded 4 tackles in the win. The first of the turnovers came when Jackson intercepted a pass on a tipped ball. Later, Jackson stripped the ball from Bengals wide receiver AJ Green. It is the second time this season that Jackson has forced multiple turnovers in a game.
BIRTHDAY BOY EDDIE JACKSON WITH THE INT!!! pic.twitter.com/ufdWbl6JHp
— Daniel Greenberg (@ChiSportUpdates) December 10, 2017
- For the Bengals, quarterback AJ McCarron saw action in the loss, completing 4 of 8 passes for 47 yards.
- Green Bay Packers Ha Ha Clinton-Dix produced 6 tackles and also intercepted a pass in a 27-21 win over the Cleveland Browns. It was his third interception of the season.
- Washington Redskins linebacker Ryan Anderson made a career-high 5 tackles in a 30-13 loss to the San Diego Chargers.
- Wide receiver Julio Jones gained 98 yards on 5 catches in a 20-17 win against the New Orleans Saints. For the Saints, running back Mark Ingram had 49 yards rushing and 43 yards receiving on 16 total touches.
- Baltimore Ravens linebacker C.J. Mosley made 14 tackles and a pass deflection in a 39-38 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Also for the Ravens, cornerback Marlon Humphrey posted 5 tackles, with one of them being behind the line of scrimmage. Humphrey received lots of praise for the way he was able to battle with wide receiver Antonio Brown.
Marlon Humphrey allowed just 2 catches for 7 yards (5 targets) while covering Antonio Brown.
— Draft Ravens (@DraftRavens) December 11, 2017
- Houston Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson recorded 3 tackles and picked off his first pass of the season in a 26-16 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. Also for the Texans, wide receiver DeAndrew White caught his first pass of the season after recently signing with the team. The pass went for 24 yards.
- For the 49ers, linebacker Reuben Foster recorded a team-high 8 tackles and also made 1 tackle for loss.
- Los Angeles Rams linebacker Mark Barron racked up 7 tackles and 2 tackles for loss in a 43-35 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Reggie Ragland made 3 tackles in a 26-15 win over the Oakland Raiders.
- New York Giants safety Landon Collins tallied 7 tackles and a tackle for loss in a 30-10 setback to the Dallas Cowboys. His teammate, defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson, made 3 tackles.
- Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry rushed for 20 yards on 8 carries in a 12-7 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Henry also scored the Titans’ lone touchdown on a 6-yard run.
- Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Marcell Dareus had 3 tackles, while running back T.J. Yeldon picked up 9 yards on 2 carries in a 30-24 win over the Seattle Seahawks.