Another Alabama player scored a touchdown on defense in the NFL this week. Baltimore Ravens linebacker C.J. Mosley intercepted Miami Dolphins quarterback Matt Moore and returned it 63 yards for a score. It was Mosley’s first touchdown of his career. He became the fifth former Alabama player to record a pick-6 since Week 7 of the 2016 season.
— NFL Canada (@NFLCanada) October 27, 2017
Here is how other former Alabama players performed in Week 8 of the NFL:
- New Orleans Saints running back Mark Ingram had 18 rushes for 75 yards and a touchdown in a 20-12 win over the Chicago Bears. He also caught 6 passes for 24 yards. Despite a productive day, Ingram lost 2 fumbles in the fourth quarter. After the game, Ingram was very upset with his play for the Saints.
— Mark Ingram II (@MarkIngram22) October 29, 2017
- On the other side, Bears safety Eddie Jackson followed up his huge performance from last week by recording just 1 tackle in the loss.
- Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick recorded 3 tackles for loss, 1 sack and broke up a pass in a 24-23 win against the Indianapolis Colts. The lone sack is just the second one of Kirkpatrick’s career.
- Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones had 3 catches for 74 yards in a 25-20 win over the New York Jets. One of his catches went for 53 yards, which is his longest reception of the season so far.
— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) October 29, 2017
- For the Jets, offensive lineman James Carpenter recovered a fumble in the loss.
- Oakland Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper had 5 catches for 48 yards and also ran the ball once for a 4-yard gain. The Raiders lost to the Buffalo Bills, 34-14.
- Houston Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson had 5 tackles and 1 tackle for loss in a 41-38 defeat to the Seattle Seahawks. For Seattle, defensive lineman Jarran Reed made 4 tackles and a quarterback hit, while running back Eddie Lacy had 6 carries for 0 yards.
- Detroit Lions defensive lineman A’Shawn Robinson recorded 4 tackles and 1 pass deflection as the Lions lost, 20-15, to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Robinson was ejected in the fourth quarter.
— Clay Wendler (@ClayWendler) October 30, 2017
- Los Angeles Chargers defensive lineman Damion Square delivered a career-high 5 tackles in a 21-13 loss to the New England Patriots. He also applied a quarterback hit.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end O.J. Howard had 2 catches for 16 yards as Tampa Bay fell to the Carolina Panthers, 17-3.