How tough of a time is Alabama’s defense having with preparing for Deshaun Watson?
So tough that Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart gave the Clemson quarterback some major props at Saturday’s media day for the national championship game.
“If we could simulate what Deshuan Watson does in practice, that guy would be starting for us at QB,” Smart told ESPN’s Mark Schlabach.
It’s not known how Alabama quarterback Jacob Coker will feel about that statement, but Watson has proven repeatedly this season on why he deserved to be a Heisman finalist. The sophomore from Gainesville, Ga., has at least one more season to play at Clemson.
- Nick Saban confirmed Chip Kelly’s visit with Alabama coaches
- Clemson star: ‘Alabama is like a bully in middle school’
- Clemson lineman thinks another running back is better than Derrick Henry
- Will a top Alabama player have a change of heart and head to the NFL?
- Clemson DB on facing Alabama’s Calvin Ridley: “This isn’t my first rodeo”
- Lane Kiffin jokes about infamous firing from USC
- Alabama QB Jake Coker made a pretty bold statement about Nick Saban