TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — It was a defensive struggle at A-Day, but the White team defeated Crimson 7-3.
Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban met with the media shortly after the game. Below is a round-up of what he had to say.
- Saban said he is a little disappointed with the amount of false starts the team had today.
- Saban on today’s scrimmage: “I don’t think anything can be drawn from anything that happened today.”
- Saban said he believes the second-team offense moved the ball more effectively than the first-team. He mentioned the young quarterbacks and tailback Damien Harris as stand-outs.
- Saban jokes that when the team is scrambling around, the Tide seems drawn to him. “On more than one occasion, whenever there’s a scramble, everybody seems to converge on me.” As long he doesn’t get hurt, Saban said he’s OK with it.
- “The depth on defense is one of the concerns we have,” Saban said. He wasn’t surprised that the second-team was able to move the ball effectively because of that.
- No conclusions should be made about the offensive linemen that ran out there with the first-team. Just because they were playing with the first-team offensive linemen, doesn’t mean that’s who will start in game one. “Don’t draw conclusions because you’ll be wrong.”
- Saban mentioned that Alphonse Taylor was a second-teamer this spring because he could not keep his weight down.
- Saban said Anfernee Jennings has improved as much as anyone this spring.
- Saban said around 40 former Crimson Tide players gathered with him last tonight to give him a customized golf package.
Watch Saban speak with the media below.
— Chris Kirschner (@ChrisK_AJC) April 16, 2016