TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama coach Nick Saban spoke to reporters following practice on Wednesday. The top-ranked Crimson Tide hosts No. 6 Texas A&M on Saturday. Kickoff from Bryant-Denny Stadium is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
Highlights from Saban’s time at the podium:
- We had a little better practice today. We had better energy. We practiced inside today because it’s unusually warm for this time of year. We don’t want guys to get warn down.
- Nothing new on injuries.
- Texas A&M defensive coordinator John Chavis is a really good coach. They always have a good scheme. He’s got good players. We respect him as much as anybody out there.
- We’ve improved on third down, but can get better. You have to cover well and affect the quarterback.
- Bo Scarbrough has gotten better and better every week. He’s playing with more confidence. He’s made some good plays which has made him feel good about his progress. Hopefully he’ll continue to progress.
- Bo Scarbrough got an ass-chewing from Nick Saban for trying to high-five the Tennessee fan.
- Lester Cotton played as well against Tennessee as he’s played all year. The guys we’re playing on the defensive front in this game are more talented. We’re going to need the entire offensive line to respond and play well.
- Asked how they plan to deal with Texas A&M’s tall receivers, Saban joked “What do you want me to do, get tall pills?” You have to deal with it. We have some bigger guys that we practice against that helps us out.
Watch Saban’s full news conference below: