TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama coach Nick Saban held his final news conference of USC week on Wednesday.
Kickoff for the contest is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Everybody is looking forward to the challenge of playing a good USC team. I’m sure the guys have had their fill of practice and playing against each other.
- The players are excited. We’re excited to find out where our team is, and what we need to do to continue to do better.
- The players need to continue to focus on what they need to do to be successful in the game. We need to keep the main thing as the main thing which is doing your job.
- We’ll have a shorter practice tomorrow to polish up on some things.
- We need to continue to work with the running backs on pass protection. We have two guys who have been in the system and do well (Bo Scarbrough and Damien Harris). The young guys need to continue to improve. We’re pleased with the progress, but not satisfied.
- “I’d rather play (these games) here in Tuscaloosa.” The issue is getting a quality opponent to play you in Tuscaloosa.
- If we played USC in Tuscaloosa this year, the next year we’d have to go to California. We wouldn’t make any money so it’s a business decision.
- Linebacker Rashaan Evans missed a couple of days of practice because of a pulled muscle. He’s playing inside linebacker and rushing the passer from the outside, but he’s not playing both inside and outside linebacker.