TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama coach Nick Saban spoke to reporters on Monday to open Arkansas week.
Highlights from Saban’s time at the podium:
- Not a lot of different feelings after watching the film. We played much better in the second half than in the first.
- The question I would ask is how much did the other team stop us vs. how much we stopped ourselves? We need to execute better.
- Our team is making progress, but we need to continue to work and improve.
- Every week in the SEC is a challenge. That won’t be any different this week on the road against Arkansas who I think has a really good team.
- There are no real injuries. ArDarius Stewart (knee) will practice this week. We’re hopeful he’ll be able to play this week.
- If the players wanted to protest, I would listen to them. I would do the best I could to understand why they wanted to do that.
- Being a defensive coordinator away from here helped Jeremy Pruitt a lot. He’s done a good job for us since coming back here.
- Quarterback is one of the hardest positions to evaluate. Not the physical tools, but decision making, accuracy and other intangibles. It’s hard to know what a guy can do until he’s in your system. You have to have the right stuff to be able to play the position. That’s both physical and mental.
- Arkansas is one of the most balanced teams we’re going to play. They’re not one dimensional at all. They’re a physical team. Their quarterback is playing well. They’ve made a lot of explosive plays this year.
- Cam Robinson has played well all year long. Sometimes when you have an outstanding player like that, you have high expectations for him. He played well on Saturday. We were able to get some movement on the offensive line.
- I didn’t watch Tim Williams at all in the first half. He did perform well when he got his opportunity. We’re hopeful that some of the other stuff we have him doing will be beneficial to him, and help him grow in the future.
- Arkansas quarterback Austin Allen is a good quarterback. He’s one of the most accurate passers in the SEC. He makes a lot of good decisions.
NEXT Calvin Ridley, Tim Williams headline Alabama’s coaching staff players of the week following Kentucky win