TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama held its 15 practice of fall camp on Tuesday afternoon.
The Crimson Tide worked in full pads for the team’s final session before classes start on Wednesday. Alabama coach Nick Saban spoke with reporters following practice.
- The real focus since we last talked was really on improvement. The players watched the film and saw some areas we can improve in coming off the scrimmage. We didn’t play with the effort we needed to have.
- It’s all about having the right attitude. The teams that have bought in have had a lot of success. It’s not about individual awards. When the team does well, that’s when the accolades come.
- We’re going to use this week and the next scrimmage to see which players can help us this year.
- We gave Jamey Mosley a scholarship. “He earned it on his own.” We want to reward positive performance. We’re happy to announce that.
- Kendall Sheffield has been here all week. I don’t know what his status is. We’d be happy to have him back. We’re going to continue to work with him in a positive way.
- We want the quarterbacks to continue to focus on the little thing like taking care of the ball and showing consistency. I’m interested to see how the quarterbacks respond this week and this scrimmage.
- Anthony Averett has played well. He can be a good third cornerback for us.
- Trevon Diggs is still playing both receiver and safety. He’s working at safety because of the lack of depth. We’re looking at Keaton Anderson as a safety to see if he can play money, which is the sixth defensive back.
- There’s no pressure from us when it comes to Kendall Sheffield. We want him back, and we’re open to helping him in any way we can.