TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama coach Nick Saban spoke to reporters on Monday to open Texas A&M week. The top-ranked Crimson Tide host the sixth-ranked Aggies on Saturday in Bryant-Denny Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
Highlights from Saban’s time:
- After watching the last game, I think we played the most complete game we’ve played all year.
- Do you rest on that game or do you continue to try to improve? It’s just one game.
- Texas A&M is probably as talented as any team we’ve played all year. They’re a very high-powered, balanced offense.
- Trevor Knight does a good job running their offense. Trayveon Williams is a talented running back. Probably the best we’ve played all year.
- Trevor Knight is an outstanding athlete and he’s very capable of throwing the ball. He’s improved since the last time we played against him (at Oklahoma). He throws the ball really well.
- Jalen Hurts has done a good job running our offense. I don’t think we’re running any different plays that we haven’t run in the past. His running ability gives us an added element. We still need to continue to improve in the passing game.
- This is the direction we wanted our offense to go when we started with Blake Sims. Jake Coker was a different type of guy. Now we’re back to what we were doing with Blake Sims and even beyond that.
- “I like playing fast-ball when we got the ball,” Saban said, smiling.
- Miller Forristall is a very athletic guy. We try to use him as a mixture of a tight end and receiver.
- The penalty on Cam Robinson probably had a lot to do with the sack that he gave up on the next play.
- Right guard Alphonse Taylor (concussion) is day-to-day. He’ll do individual drills, but no contact.
- Texas A&M running back Trayveon Williams is the real deal.
- I don’t know what the outside talk is. You all (media) create it. You know how much I value your opinion and what you think. I put it up here way high. I don’t read it or pay attention to it. I call all of that clutter.
Watch Saban’s full news conference below: