TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The University of Alabama football program held its annual press conference for underclassmen to announce their decisions whether to leave early for the NFL Draft on Thursday.
The deadline to declare is Monday.
Here’s how the press conference went down:
• Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bo Scarbrough and Ronnie Harrison are at the press conference. Calvin Ridley has already announced he’s going pro. Nick Saban confirms that Da’Ron Payne is going pro.
• Nick Saban opens the press conference talking about about they encourage players to go if they’re high picks. All three players set to graduate in the next year. Guys are always welcome to come back and go to games.
“It gets a little crowded on the sideline and I always want to put them in the game,” he said.
• Minkah goes first, he’s going pro. Calls his years at Alabama the best of his life. “It’s best for me and my family to pursue my career in the NFL.” Thanks the university and the coaches. “I just want to say thank you.”
• Scarbrough is second. “I’d like to enter the 2018 draft.” Spends most of his time thanking everyone and the university.
• Ronnie Harrison, as a recruit I wasn’t too highly recruited. Got a chance to play around greatness and the coaches. It’s a blessing. After talking it over with my family I’m entering the draft.
The press conference wraps up quickly. Linebackers Christian Miller and Jamey Mosley showed up in the back of the room to give support.
Damien Harris and Isaiah Buggs have already announced that they are staying.
— Isaiah D. Buggs (@BigPooh_91) January 11, 2018