Live updates: Nick Saban updates injury, comments on Colorado State victory
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — University of Alabama coach Nick Saban held his usual press conference following the 41-23 victory against Colorado State at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Here’s some of what he said Saturday evening:
• Introduction: Really pleased with the way we needed to come out fast on both sides of the ball. That was the goal, to be a dominant team. But we didn’t sustain and finish, let them back in the game after we started putting in subs.
• We have a lot of of work to do. A lot of mental errors by new guys.
• I thought Jalen Hurts played an outstanding game.
• I think everyone has to sort of look around, what can I do better so we can play better as a team.
• You have to get off the field in third down, didn’t do that. We didn’t execute. We ere playing against good players who can make plays. They made some. They made some I wasn’t pleased with.
• Robert Foster’s TD was huge because they had taken the momentum, especially going into halftime.
• TE Miller Forristall probably has an ACL. Expect him to be out for the year.
• We have five linebackers with injury issues. I don’t care who your are that’s a problem.
• “You have a date?” When one of Saban’s questions was cut short by accident.
Nick Saban jokes with his media relations rep after he cut him off: "You must have a date. You're in a rush to get out of here."
— Marq Burnett (@Marq_Burnett) September 17, 2017
• Saban put the starters in at the end because “they weren’t going to get the ball back.” CSU was still trying to win the game. “We weren’t trying to score, we were trying to take the air out of it.”