TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Here is my Associated Press Poll Top 25 coming off of Week 5 of the college football season.
First, a few notes:
- As always, I tried to start with a clean slate for the most part so there was some movement for some teams. I used the poll from the previous week as a measuring stick, but didn’t let it control where I put teams.
- What a game between Louisville and Clemson. It’s hard to move Louisville down very far after how they played, especially in the second half. Louisville is still one of the top teams in the country. Clemson deserves credit for hanging on against arguably the best player in the country. Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson should still be the favorite for the Heisman Trophy.
- Washington jumped into my top 5 after dismantling Stanford. That was a very impressive win for the Huskies. Washington was dominant at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.
- It may not be pretty and it may take them a while to get going, but Tennessee keeps finding a way to win. The Volunteers have another tough test this week against Texas A&M.
- Remember that we’re just coming off Week 5. A lot will change between now and the end of the season.
2. Ohio State
9. Texas A&M
15. West Virginia
16. Boise State
17. North Dakota State
18. North Carolina
22. Ole Miss
25. Florida State