TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Here is my Associated Press Poll Top 25 coming off of Week 7 of the college football season.
First, a few notes:
- As always, I tried to start with a clean slate for the most part so there was some movement for some teams. I used the poll from the previous week as a measuring stick, but didn’t let it control where I put teams.
- As I said last week, the playoff picture is shaking up to be the winner of Alabama-Texas A&M, the winner of Ohio State-Michigan, Clemson and Washington. The Big 12 is going to need some help if the league hopes to get a team in the playoff this year.
- There was no change in the top five. Alabama still looks like the best team in the country. Ohio State, Clemson, Washington and Michigan round out the top five.
- Props to Ohio State for pulling out a tough overtime win at Wisconsin. Wisconsin is a good team that has lost to Ohio State and Michigan by a combined 14 points.
- Remember that we’re just coming off Week 7. A lot will change between now and the end of the season.
2. Ohio State
7. Texas A&M
10. West Virginia
12. Boise State
17. Florida State
19. North Carolina
21. Western Michigan
23. Virginia Tech