A slow start gave way to a mad rush of Alabama selections as Nick Saban’s program had another successful NFL draft weekend.
Center Ryan Kelly was the first ex-Crimson Tide star off the board. The Indianapolis Colts selected him No. 18 overall, making Kelly the ninth center taken in the first round of the draft since 2000.
A trio of teammates — Reggie Ragland, A’Shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed — were expected to join him in the first round, but they were all shut out on Thursday.
Ragland was eventually the first player from that group to hear his name called. The Buffalo Bills selected him at No. 41 overall Friday, and then the Tennessee Titans scooped up running back Derrick Henry at No. 45, followed by Robinson (No. 46 to Detroit) and Reed (No. 49 to Seattle).
Check out a full roundup below:
- Ryan Kelly, center — No. 18 overall (first round) to Indianapolis [read more]
- Reggie Ragland, linebacker — No. 41 overall (second round) to Buffalo [read more]
- Derrick Henry, running back — No. 45 overall (second round) to Tennessee [read more]
- A’Shawn Robinson, defensive lineman — No. 46 overall (second round) to Detroit [read more]
- Jarran Reed, defensive lineman — No. 49 overall (second round) to Seattle [read more]
- Cyrus Jones, cornerback — No. 60 overall (second round) to New England [read more]
- Kenyan Drake, running back — No. 73 overall (third round) to Miami [read more]
Undrafted free agents
- Richard Mullaney, wide receiver — Houston Texas [read more]
- D.J. Pettway, defensive lineman — New Orleans Saints [read more]
- Dillon Lee, linebacker — New Orleans Saints
- Jake Coker, quarterback — Arizona Cardinals
- Dominick Jackson, offensive lineman — Washington Redskins
- Geno Matias-Smith, safety — Washington Redskins
- Michael Nysewander, fullback/tight end — Kansas City Chiefs
[updated as news rolls in]