After winning its 16th national championship with Monday night’s 45-40 victory against Clemson, Alabama was riding incredibly high — so high that, apparently, offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin did not make it onto the team bus before it left University of Phoenix Stadium.
On Tuesday, Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban shed a little light on the situation and revealed that he gave his play-caller a lift instead.
“I’m always everybody’s fall back if they miss the bus,” said Saban.
Strangely, Kiffin and his son Knox appear to be on some sort of bus, based on the tweet he sent out (well after 3 a.m.). But it did seem to confirm that Kiffin was indeed “#LeftByBus.”
— Lane Kiffin (@Lane_Kiffin) January 12, 2016
More on Alabama
- Nick Saban thinks of something great and wins title No. 5
- Watch: Alabama buses left Lane Kiffin behind
- Nick Saban finally gives ESPN a smile
- Saban deserves ‘greatest college coach ever’ title
- Behind the scenes of Alabama’s defining play
- Alabama makes Sports Illustrated cover
- Nick Saban talks about eventual retirement
- Alabama stars will make NFL decision after talks with Saban