TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama coach Nick Saban spoke to reporters on Tuesday following the Crimson Tide’s fourth practice of spring.
Alabama took the field on Tuesday in full pads for the first time this spring.
What Nick Saban said
- Today was the first day in pads. It was a little warmer out there today so I think it was a bit of a challenge for some of the players. I’ve been really pleased with the progress we’ve made, especially with some of the young players. We want the young players to be worried about improving, and not where they are on the depth chart.
- On Raekwon Davis/Jamar King: I think both guys have made a lot of progress from last year in terms of the improvement they’ve made. The biggest thing with them would be consistency. We feel like both guys can do it, but they need to show more consistency. That comes with confidence and maturity. Hopefully they’ll be able to continue to improve.
- On Robert Foster/other receivers: Robert Foster is a guy who had a role on this team two years ago before his injury. He can do some things with his deep speed. Hopefully he’ll continue to improve because we need him to have a role. Jerry Jeudy is a guy who has looked good. Calvin Ridley has improved with his play and leadership.
- On Christian Miller: He’s a guy that has continued to improve. He’s a good rusher. We need him to continue to get bigger and convert his speed to power. He’s going to have a role for us.
- On running backs: We do have a lot of good runners, and I think they’ve all done really well. Najee Harris and Brian Robinson have both done a nice job. Damien Harris sprained his foot. He should be back soon. Bo Scarbrough (leg) is doing more and more. Our goal is for him to be everything he can do by the end of spring.