TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama took the field for its 14th spring practice on Thursday afternoon. It’s the Crimson Tide’s last workout before its A-Day spring scrimmage on Saturday. The media’s viewing period was very short as the Tide worked in helmets and shorts.
Here are a few takeaways:
- Defensive lineman Da’Shawn Hand (back spasms) was back on the practice field for the second straight day wearing a regular Crimson defensive jersey. It’ll be interesting to see how much Hand participates in A-Day.
- Dalvin Tomlinson, Jonathan Allen, Hand and Daron Payne are the first four defensive linemen through drills. Allen (shoulder) is still wearing a black non-contact jersey.
- The first offensive line group appeared to have Korren Kirven at left tackle, Lester Cotton at left guard, Ross Pierschbacher at center, Brandon Kennedy at right guard and January enrollee Jonah Williams at right tackle.
- Safety Eddie Jackson (leg) was on the field in a regular jersey as well. There’s still a chance Jackson could sit out when A-Day comes.
- Alabama athletic director Bill Battle watched practice from the balcony outside of his office.
Up next: Alabama coach Nick Saban will speak with reporters following practice.