TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama basketball easily handled Faulkner 91-71 in its lone exhibition of the season.
The Crimson Tide hosts Coastal Carolina on Nov. 11 to open the regular season.
Players to watch going forward
- Guard Dazon Ingram: Ingram did a little bit of everything on the court. In one sequence, Ingram knocked down a three-pointer then followed that up with a steal and a nice pass to forward Nick King for a lay-up on the fastbreak. Ingram had some turnovers, which is to be expected in his first game since breaking his foot last season. But showed flashes of his elite talent, and if he is able to knock down threes, he’ll be a really tough player to guard.
- Forward Ar’Mond Davis: Davis had the stroke going on Thursday. He hit 4-of-8 three-pointers on the night. He also put the ball on the floor a couple of times and got to the basket. If Davis can shoot like this, he’ll help spread the floor to create driving lanes for Ingram and others.
- Forward Braxton Key: Key, Alabama’s lone true freshman, showed off his versatility. He crashed the glass and finished well around the rim. Key’s development is big for both this year, and the future of the program.
- Forward Riley Norris: Norris is a veteran, but it was promising to see him hit 2-of-3 three-pointers. Alabama is going to need his shooting this season.
- Ar’Mond Davis: 17 points, 6 rebounds
- Dazon Ingram: 15 points, 5 rebounds
- Nick King: 11 points, 5 assists
- Braxton Key: 10 points, 7 rebounds
- Riley Norris: 10 points