Former Alabama tailback Altee Tenpenny has died in a car accident, according to ArkansasVarsity.com publisher Luke Matheson.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with Altee and his family. This is obviously a tragedy,” Saban said.
Just heard the news about Altee Tenpenny. My heart is broken. He was a tremendous young man. RIP Altee. Gone too soon.
— Luke Matheson (@LukeMatheson) October 21, 2015
TideSports.com’s Aaron Suttles also tweeted Wednesday morning that several ex-Crimson Tide teammates had shared news of Tenpenny’s untimely passing on social media. Current linebacker Reggie Ragland was among those to react.
“RIP altee,” Ragland tweeted early Wednesday morning.
Many other Alabama players also reacted to his passing on Twitter.
The circumstances surrounding Tenpenny’s reported death have not been confirmed. He was arrested Sunday morning on a pair of weapons charges, as reported by DailyComet.com.
Tenpenny, a member of Alabama’s SEC Championship-winning team last season, transferred to UNLV in May but was dismissed from the program in early August for “breaking team rules.” He had since joined the Nicholls State football team. Tenpenny appeared in 25 games for the Crimson Tide from 2013-14 after signing as a 4-star recruit out of North Little Rock, Ark.
- “RIP Altee”: Alabama players react to former RB’s death
- Running back Kenyan Drake writes touching message to fallen teammate Altee Tenpenny
- A quick injury report from Tuesday’s practice
- A.J. McCarron’s wife was not too happy with locker room interview segment
- Alabama’s latest bowl projections should excite most Tide fans