Lane Kiffin’s current team will play for the national championship Monday, but another school could have in mind for an opening.
Kiffin is “a name to keep in mind” at UCLA, according to Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports. UCLA needs a quarterbacks coach and an offensive coordinator after Noel Mazzone left for the same job at Texas A&M.
While Kiffin obviously has a great job at Alabama and could win a national title in two days, the opportunity to work with rising sophomore quarterback Josh Rosen and the Bruins could be tempting. Kiffin also has plenty of ties to the area, having coached at Southern California and his family lives there.
- Nick Saban confirmed Chip Kelly’s visit with Alabama coaches
- Clemson star: ‘Alabama is like a bully in middle school’
- Clemson lineman thinks another running back is better than Derrick Henry
- Will a top Alabama player have a change of heart and head to the NFL?
- Clemson DB on facing Alabama’s Calvin Ridley: “This isn’t my first rodeo”
- Lane Kiffin jokes about infamous firing from USC
- Kirby Smart gave Clemson QB Deshaun Watson a major compliment
- Alabama QB Jake Coker made a pretty bold statement about Nick Saban