TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The University of Alabama held its second and final scrimmage of fall camp on Saturday. The session was closed at Bryant-Denny Stadium, on a busy campus preparing for the start of the next semester.
The temperature was 90 degrees, but the heat index 100 with 64 percent humidity and 75 dew point. It was sunny with no wind.
- There was no sign of junior running back Bo Scarbrough during the brief media period. He was also absent during Friday’s final tune-up. Nick Saban is expected to update his status after the scrimmage.
- Sophomore running back Josh Jacobs (hamstring) remained out.
- Freshman running back Najee Harris was in uniform and participating in drills after being limited earlier this week.
- No players were in black, no-contact jerseys outside of the quarterbacks.
What we saw:
- There didn’t appear to be any change on the first-team offensive line, with Matt Womack working at right tackle.
- The wide receivers continue to move around during individual drills as players are learning more than position behind the expected three starters. Freshmen Tyrell Shavers and Henry Ruggs III were behind junior Calvin Ridley. Junior Derek Kief and freshman DeVonta Smith were behind senior Robert Foster. Junior Xavian Marks, freshman Jerry Jeudy and Chadarius Townsend were in the slot behind senior Cam Sims.
- The defensive line was four wide for drills, with Da’Shawn Hand, Da’Ron Payne, Joshua Frazier and Raekown Davis leading and followed by Isiah Buggs. Jamar King, Johnny Dwight and Quinnen Williams.
- Alabama has completed work on the tunnel, with new signs and lighting.