TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama moved to Bryant-Denny Stadium Saturday afternoon to prepare for its first spring scrimmage. The already small media viewing window is cut in half before scrimmages.
Here are some takeaways:
- Cooper Bateman was the quarterback with the first offensive group. David Cornwell worked with the second group while Blake Barnett was the No. 3 guy during the media’s viewing period of practice, followed by Jalen Hurts.
- The first offensive line had Ross Pierschbacher at center, Jonah Williams at right tackle, Korren Kirven at left tackle, Lester Cotton at left guard and Brandon Kennedy at right guard. Alphonse Taylor was with the second team.
- Calvin Ridley and ArDarius Stewart are the top two receivers. Cam Sims is behind Stewart with Derek Kief behind Ridley. Daylon Charlot is behind Kief with Xavian Marks behind Sims.
- O.J. Howard and Hale Hentges are the top two tight ends.
- Two-sport athlete Keith Holcombe was back with the team for the scrimmage. Holcombe spent the past two days in Athens, Ga., with the baseball team.
WATCH: Alabama quarterback and wide receiver drills