TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — For the first time since the spring game, Alabama coach Nick Saban spoke in a press conference type setting during Thursday’s SEC coaches teleconference.
We have updates on that below as well as other news surrounding Alabama from Thursday.
Here are six things to know:
- Nick Saban addressed Bo Davis‘ resignation, and provided an update on Alabama’s search for a new defensive line coach.
- Lane Kiffin hit the recruiting trail to check on the son of an NFL legend.
- Alabama is going to get involved with satellite camps. But how much?
- Saban talked about the potential of recruiting against Kirby Smart.
- Saban has long been a fan of scheduling high-profile, nonconference matchups to open the season. Here’s what he said about the 2016 opener.
- A junior college defensive end said no to Alabama and yes to another SEC West team.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- More than 70 Alabama student-athletes are scheduled to receive their degrees on Saturday.
- Alabama gymnast Lauren Beers received an honor for her work in the community.
- Alabama softball’s Haylie McCleney, Sydney Littlejohn and Chandler Dare were honored for their academic achievements.
The best stories from around the SEC
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze discussed the situation surrounding his former left tackle Laremy Tunsil.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin had to respond to questions about one of his assistant coaches’ use of social media.
- A former Ohio State commit revealed a moment with Urban Meyer that led to him de-committing.