What’s the name of Alabama’s starting quarterback?
He’s been noted as both Jacob and Jake Coker throughout the season, but the staff at Saturday’s College Football Playoff Media Day introduced a new Crimson Tide quarterback.
Everyone, meet Jay Coker:
Can Jake Coker play the "I've been disrespected" card since they got his name wrong? pic.twitter.com/HkAdxE0PA2
— Marq Burnett (@Marq_Burnett) January 9, 2016
Coker has had his fair share of doubters this season, especially in the beginning of the season, and it’s ironic that the so-called theme continued into national championship week. But the senior has played an integral part in leading the Crimson Tide to Monday night’s title game in Glendale, Ariz., passing for 2,775 yards and 18 touchdowns this season.
The staff eventually removed the “Jay Coker” nameplate, and the real Jake Coker will look to lead his team to college football greatness come 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday.
- Nick Saban confirmed Chip Kelly’s visit with Alabama coaches
- Clemson star: ‘Alabama is like a bully in middle school’
- Clemson lineman thinks another running back is better than Derrick Henry
- Will a top Alabama player have a change of heart and head to the NFL?
- Clemson DB on facing Alabama’s Calvin Ridley: “This isn’t my first rodeo”
- Lane Kiffin jokes about infamous firing from USC
- Kirby Smart gave Clemson QB Deshaun Watson a major compliment
- Alabama QB Jake Coker made a pretty bold statement about Nick Saban