The aftermath of a national championship game always tends to be a little chaotic, and Alabama’s thrilling 45-40 title win against Clemson was no different.
Highlighting the postgame action: An impromptu visit to the on-field set of SEC Now by several exuberant Crimson Tide players, including defensive linemen Da’Shawn Hand and A’Shawn Robinson.
“It’s great to be the most bald-headed man in college football. It is great,” a happy Robinson said into one of the microphones.
Perhaps the funniest moment, though, came when Hand was asked what he thought of running back Kenyan Drake’s electrifying 95-yard kickoff return, which put Alabama up by two scores in the fourth quarter (you can re-watch that play here).
“Man I said ‘Yo, that boy fast.’ I’m talking about that man fast. I’m talking about track fast. Usain Bolt fast. Just fast fast,” Hand said while looking directly at the camera.
By the end, even more players had stopped by to soak up the national TV spotlight, and it fittingly ended with Marcus Spears coaxing an “SEC!” chant out of the raucous group. You can watch the pure entertainment from start to finish below.
More on Alabama
- Nick Saban thinks of something great and wins title No. 5
- Watch: Alabama buses left Lane Kiffin behind
- Nick Saban finally gives ESPN a smile
- Saban deserves ‘greatest college coach ever’ title
- Behind the scenes of Alabama’s defining play
- Alabama makes Sports Illustrated cover
- Nick Saban talks about eventual retirement
- Alabama stars will make NFL decision after talks with Saban