Alabama secured its fourth national championship under Nick Saban with Monday night’s 45-40 victory against Clemson, and the often-dour Crimson Tide coach showed some heart-warming enthusiasm.
When ESPN’s Tom Rinaldi originally asked Saban for a smile after his Alabama’s Cotton Bowl dominance of Michigan State, Saban deferred to “next week.” So naturally Rinaldi posed the same question after Saban secured another title in Glendale, Ariz., and his reaction is pretty priceless.
“You got it, baby,” Saban said while star tailback Derrick Henry grabbed his shoulders.
A rare side of an all-time great coach, for sure.
— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) January 12, 2016
More on Alabama
- Nick Saban thinks of something great and wins title No. 5
- Watch: Alabama buses left Lane Kiffin behind
- Saban deserves ‘greatest college coach ever’ title
- Behind the scenes of Alabama’s defining play
- Alabama makes Sports Illustrated cover
- Nick Saban talks about eventual retirement
- Alabama stars will make NFL decision after talks with Saban