TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama coach Nick Saban spoke to reporters following the top-ranked Crimson Tide’s 33-14 win over No. 6 Texas A&M on Saturday.
Highlights from what Saban said:
- I was really pleased with the win. I thought we left some money on the table early on.
- I was proud of the way our players responded after being down 14-13. They showed a lot of competitive character.
- It’s good to have a week off. I want the players to be relaxed and get healthy. But we can’t be relieved.
- We have a lot of big games coming up.
- Eddie Jackson is out for the year with a fractured leg. “I’m sick for him and his family.”
- We have a lot of improvement to make, but I’m proud of the way our guys fought in the game.
- Damien Harris played well for us. He had a chance to break some big runs, but he’s been nursing some leg injuries. He didn’t have the same burst.
- Jonathan Allen’s fumble return for a touchdown was huge in the game. We hadn’t really stopped them, and that play changed the momentum in the game. Those types of plays are always big.
- I was very concerned about the drive they had to start the second half. They went through us pretty quickly. But our guys settled in after that. I thought the momentum changed after we were able to stop them. Getting a score right after they scored really helped.