Good morning Razorbacks! Your college football weekend gets started tonight — maybe high school ball for some of you — but here are some things to get you ready for Saturday’s Arkansas SEC home opener against Auburn.
Both teams enter the SEC West clash with 1-2 conference records. A win keeps one team close to the SEC championship while the other fades into bowl hopes.
Here are two things to know:
- The guys in the trenches on both teams are going with bulletin board material at it days before kickoff
- How important is this game, as well as others, for Bret Bielema and his staff as the second half of the season begins? The sense of urgency has begun in Fayetteville
Other Arkansas news around the Internet
- Arkansas coach says rainy forecast has no effect on team’s game plan
- Razorbacks to simulate early kickoff with early practice while students on fall break
The best stories around the SEC
- Former Alabama running back Altee Tenpenny lost his life in a car accident on Tuesday night. Current Tide RB writes a tribute to his lost teammate and friend
- Alabama coach Nick Saban calls the Bama-Tennessee game one of the most storied rivals in the country, right up there with only two other SEC rivaled games — Bama-Auburn and Texas-Texas A&M
- LSU and its perky ranking should not look after the 6-1 Hilltoppers before the Bayou Bengals go into their bye week before the annual Bama showdown