Happy Game Day Eve Razorback fans! The bad taste of the Alabama loss had a full bye week to dissolve and now it’s time for Arkansas to earn some vengeance on the state of Alabama as the Auburn Tigers roll into Fayetteville for the Hogs’ SEC home opener.
The tilt between two teams tied for fifth in the SEC West kicks off at 11 a.m. (CST) on the SEC Network. To get you ready, and for those of you who want to just daydream about college football on a Friday, here are things to know for Saturday.
Here are two things to know:
- Former Arkansas running back Felix Jones was part of one of the most prolific duos in NCAA history. He’ll serve as an honorary captain this Saturday
- Auburn fans and media dig up Bielema quotes on dissing an opponent, this time the visiting Tigers from the plains of Alabama
The best stories around the SEC
- Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil will return this week against Texas A&M after serving a seven-game suspension for receiving improper benefits. He’ll be available Nov. 7 against Arkansas.
- Despite having LSU and the Crimson Tide in the College Football Playoff mix, the Associated Press says the SEC is down.
- ESPN analyst says Alabama will win the national championship.
- LSU’s Les Miles made a heartfelt gesture to Alabama teen under hospice care.