2 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Happy Wednesday, Arkansas fans! It was a relatively slow news day for the Razorbacks, but there’s still some information that fans should know before Saturday’s matchup with Tennessee.
Let’s get you caught up to speed:
- Alex Collins has been a workhorse for Arkansas this season. The junior running back has racked up 502 rushing yards and four touchdowns in the Razorbacks’ first four games. He ranks No. 3 in the SEC in rushing behind LSU’s Leonard Fournette and UGA’s Nick Chubb. That’s some pretty good company. For all of his hard work, Collins was named an honorable mention in SEC Country’s Offensive Player of the Year candidates after Week 4.
- It’s possible that Arkansas could catch a break this weekend. Although no word has been provided on their conditions, three of Tennessee’s best players were limited during the Vols’ Tuesday practice. This will be something to keep an eye on throughout the week.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- The Arkansas News Bureau’s Eric. W. Bolin published a feature on wide receiver Drew Morgan. The junior had a career day against Texas A&M last week, catching eight passes for 155 yards and a touchdown. Morgan talked about how he’s gained respect around the nation and in the Razobacks’ locker room
- Multiple offensive players spoke with the media on Tuesday, and gave their thoughts on the team’s matchup with Tennessee. You can view the interviews of various players and assistant coaches HERE.
- Former Arkansas great Madre Hill was named to the 2015 Southeastern Conference Football Legends class on Tuesday. The running back earned First-Team All-SEC honors while leading the Razorbacks to their first SEC Game appearance in 1995.
The best stories around the SEC
- Missouri announced that quarterback Maty Mauk will be suspended for Saturday’s game against South Carolina
- Ole Miss is using an extreme practice method to prepare for Florida
- Dak Prescott explained one of the biggest reasons he returned for his senior season
- Sean White will get the start at quarterback again for Auburn
- Will Auburn’s struggles force a 4-star athlete to reconsider his top 3?