2 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
We are already halfway through the week, Razorbacks fans. Now that Arkansas is bowl eligible, it’s about winning games to make it to a better bowl game.
Arkansas’ bowl situation will sort itself out in the next three weeks. Meanwhile, we’ve got bowl projections, a potential No. 1 defensive back recruit from Louisiana and lots of other news.
Here are two things to know:
- Arkansas is projected to land in bowl games ranging from Tampa to Charlotte to Nashville. See where it is picked to go and who its potential opponent may be.
- Top-rated New Orleans-area star Kristian Fulton, the nation’s No. 4 cornerback, looks to be leaning toward the Razorbacks. He’s got ties to the team, and it didn’t hurt that Arkansas went to Baton Rouge and beat up the LSU Tigers.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- Tom Murphy of the Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette writes that Arkansas coach Bret Bielema and his staff will need to keep his team grounded the next two weeks, and not let people tell his players how good they are.
- Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith addresses the media before this week’s showdown against Mississippi State and all-everything quarterback Dak Prescott.
- Arkansas baseball coach Dave Van Horn announced the signing of seven more players, including the top players in the states of Nebraska and Wisconsin.
The best stories around the SEC
- The quarterback carousel continues in College Station as Texas A&M coach opened competition back up — again. The Aggies have two road games remaining on their schedule, and Sumlin said he is still seeking consistency in his signal caller.
- ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit says the best person to fill the shoes as South Carolina’s new football coach is Tom Herman, the current coach at the University of Houston who has the Cougars at 9-0.
- A 3-star recruit from Atlanta suggested his commitment to Missouri was wilting after the student protests on campus. After coach Gary Pinkel announced his resignation, Tobias Little decommitted from the Tigers.