2 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
This Sunday morning must feel pretty good.
After losing three straight games heading into Saturday’s matchup against Tennessee, Arkansas got back to its winning ways with a 24-20 victory over the Vols. The Razorbacks put together a complete game to earn their first SEC victory of the season.
Running backs Alex Collins and Rawleigh Williams paced the team with a combined 254 rushing yards and two touchdowns, while quarterback Brandon Allen added 219 yards and a touchdown through the air.
Things are looking up for Arkansas as it heads to Alabama next week. It was a great Saturday, so let’s get you caught up on the action:
- Coach Bret Bielema was pumped up after the win. The Razorbacks coach picked up the first road SEC victory of his career, and was very complimentary of his team following the win.
- Arkansas’ win sucked the life out of Tennessee fans. Both teams entered the game in big need of a victory, and Razorbacks fans walked out of Neyland stadium with a smile on their faces. Meanwhile, Tennessee fans looked like this.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- The Arkansas News Bureau’s Eric. W Bolin took an in-depth look at Saturday’s win. He revealed what led to the Razorbacks snapping their losing streak, and exposed some of the game’s top performers.
- NWA.com caught up with mutliple players after the big win. You can check out interviews with linebacker Brooks Ellis, safety Rohan Gaines, cornerback Jared Collins and defensive end Tevin Beanum HERE.
- NWA.com also provided some video of Bielema’s postgame press conference.
Best stories around the SEC
- 5-star recruit: “It’s safe to say the real Florida Gators are back”
- Alabama assistant coach trolls UGA with postgame tweet
- Cell phone lights sparkle around Texas A&M’s Kyle Field
- LSU fans honor critically injured Southern WR in special way
- Auburn RB Peyton Barber just misses school record in career performance