2 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Arkansas fans.
I know you all wish you had a little more pep in your step when you woke up, but No. 8 Alabama was just too much for Arkansas Saturday night in Tuscaloosa, as the Crimson Tide went on to win 27-14.
The Razorbacks fought hard, but that 81-yard touchdown pass from Alabama quarterback Jake Coker to receiver Calvin Ridley late in the third quarter ultimately began a 24-0 run for the Crimson Tide that put the game to bed. Still though, there were plenty of positives to build on, and definitely some things that need to be shored up. With a bye week up next for the Hogs, there will be time to work on everything.
Let’s get you caught up on all things Arkansas:
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema was pretty even-keeled following the Razorbacks loss to the Crimson Tide. Overall, he was pretty complimentary about where his team stands considering what they’ve been through this season. But obviously, Bielema is ready to start winning some of these big games.
- One area that will be a big point of emphasis during the Razorbacks’ bye week is figuring out how to get into more third-and-manageable situations. Arkansas entered the weekend as the SEC’s best team at converting third downs. But Alabama kept them in third-and-longs consistently throughout the night.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- Eric Bolin of the Arkansas News Bureau highlighted the late-game struggles for the Razorbacks this season. A four-point lead turned into a 13-point deficit in the blink of an eye against Alabama.
- Bolin also took a look at the unusual early schedule for Arkansas. The Razorbacks played five consecutive games in five different cities.
- Watch Bret Bielema’s postgame press conference, thanks to WholeHogSports.com.
- If you like a good, old-fashioned game story, the Associated Press has you covered.