2 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Arkansas fans. Grab your coffee and catch up on the Hogs before you actually start working. Because we know that’s what you’re doing.
It’s always good to start Monday coming off a Razorback win, especially on homecoming. A tough stretch begins this week with a road trip to Ole Miss followed by another one to LSU next week. So let’s dive into the current storylines.
Here are two things to know:
- Nike custom-built a shoe to help alleviate the pain of running back Alex Collins’ turf toe, and then Collins had one of the best games of his life.
- Oddsmakers in Las Vegas don’t feel confident Arkansas will come away with a win this weekend at Ole Miss. But can the Hogs at least cover the spread? See how Ole Miss is picked to win by.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- Arkansas has one of the best punters in the country as the Augusta Sports Council announced the Ray Guy Award nominees.
- Did you miss the game, or any of Alex Collins’ career-high five touchdowns? Catch them all right here.
- The Razorback offense looked sharp on Saturday, but the Hogs defense gave up more than 500 yards to an FCS school — UT-Martin piled up more yards than Texas Tech and Texas A&M did. The Arkansas defense needs to pull it together before hitting the road to face Ole Miss this week.
The best stories around the SEC
- Missouri announced Sunday that quarterback Maty Mauk has been suspended for the rest of the season.
- Of all the SEC hating that goes on, there’s actually chatter that an undefeated Memphis squad is better than a one-loss Alabama team.
- There were a lot of targeting calls in the SEC last weekend. Check out the biggest hits in the league.