3 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Happy Tuesday, Arkansas fans! Coach Bret Bielema met with the media on Monday, so there is plenty of news to catch up on.
Let’s get you up to speed.
- The Razorbacks have been decimated by injuries this season, but one key player is expected to return this week against Tennessee. Junior running back Kody Walker is expected to play in some fashion against the Vols. Walker broke his hand in Arkansas’ week 2 loss to Toledo.
- Arkansas fans traveling to Tennessee this weekend are in for a heavy dose of “Rocky Top”. The Vols’ fight song plays non-stop during home games at Neyland Stadium and the Razorbacks are already preparing for it. “Rocky Top” played on loop in the team’s football facility on Monday.
- The Arkansas-Alabama game time for Week 6 was announced on Monday. The teams will play at 7 p.m. ET and the game will air on ESPN.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet:
- The Arkansas Democrat Gazette’s Matt Jones focused on the attendance numbers from last Saturday’s Southwest Classic. The announced crowd at the Texas A&M-Arkansas game was 67,399, the second-most for a neutral site game this year. The Louisville-Auburn game in Week 1 was the only other neutral site contest that topped Saturday’s game.
- The Associated Press ran a story about the changed complexion of Saturday’s game and how it differs from preseason expectations for both teams. Kurt Voigt details how both teams were viewed as strong contenders but have ultimately gotten off to disappointing starts.
- Arkansas dug itself into a 1-3 hole to start the season, causing some to make comparisons to the 4-8 team from 2012. Bielema was quick to shoot down that idea, according to the Arkansas News Bureau’s Eric. W. Bolin.
- The Arkansas football website published Bielema’s Monday press conference. You can check out the video here
The best stories around the SEC:
- Nick Saban was very complimentary of two UGA players
- Will Grier has won three straight games as Florida’s starting quarterback, but still hasn’t locked up the full-time job
- A former LSU commit included five SEC teams in his top 6
- Progress has been made in Ole Miss offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil’s case, but his status remains unclear
- Former Alabama greats Mark Ingram, Amari Cooper and Julio Jones lead the NFL in one key stat
I'm about an hour early to Bielema's presser… Tennessee's "Rocky Top" is on loop in Arkansas' Fred W. Smith Center. pic.twitter.com/1iCVYg0UGW
— Andrew Hutchinson (@NWAHutch) September 28, 2015