3 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Razorback fans. It’s homecoming weekend, and while UT-Martin comes to town for the game, the university asks fans, alumni, students, faculty and staff to help turn their attention to show support of Oklahoma State University. Details are listed in the story that’s linked in the things to know for today.
The 2016 SEC schedule has been released, Alex Collins is hungry, Arkansas has a 3-point shooting phenom and Alabama’s running back has incredible strength.
Here are three things to know:
- The 2016 schedule was released and Arkansas will host four SEC games in Fayetteville for the first time in history, and the opponents coming next year — Alabama, LSU, Florida and Ole Miss — have a combined 26-4 record this year. Oh, don’t forget about the road trip to TCU.
- Arkansas running back Alex Collins is still hungry and feels he has what it takes “to be great.”
- The administration at Arkansas encourages students, faculty, staff, fans and alumni to help show support for the folks at Oklahoma State University after last weekend’s tragedy.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- Dusty Hannah went on a shooting spree this week — of three-point shots. He tried to break a record by swishing more than 25 in one minute. You’ll be blown away by his skill and how he finished.
- Former defensive end Bruce James, a three-year letter winner from 1968-70, returns to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium on Saturday to serve as the A-Club Honorary Captain for Arkansas’ homecoming game.
- Arkansas is great at not giving up sacks this season, but the defense is the polar opposite; they can’t seem to take down the other team’s signal caller.
The best stories around the SEC
- The City of Auburn, Ala., moved Halloween up two days to Oct. 29 so it wouldn’t interfere with Saturday’s game between Ole Miss and Auburn. Expect Toomer’s Oaks to be dressed up in toilet paper if the Tigers come away with a victory.
- It’s no secret that Alabama running back Derrick Henry is powerful. Check out this video of him squatting 500 pounds during a recent workout.
- Which SEC team is on upset alert this weekend?