Good morning, Razorback fans. Regardless of what folks are saying around the South, there’s more than one important football game this weekend. Though most of the nation’s attention will be on the LSU-Alabama game, Arkansas and Ole Miss get the spotlight first on CBS when they kickoff at 2:30 p.m. (CST).
The Razorbacks have won two straight and need to win two of their final four to become bowl eligible. The offense is coming around, but does the defense have what it takes to halt a powerful Ole Miss offense?
Here are more questions that linger, and things you need to know:
- Arkansas senior quarterback Brandon Allen talks about preparing for the fast, stingy Ole Miss defense.
- The Arkansas Sports Information Department produced a video of the top 10 Razorback plays in October — for all sports. From crazy legs to hard spikes to clutch soccer goals to major football plays, this is a great video. Check it out this Friday morning.
- Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette’s Thomas Murphy writes about the Arkansas defense, which must make Ole Miss quarterback Chad Kelly very uncomfortable this Saturday.
The best stories from the SEC
- Les Miles never fails when it comes to weekly quotables. Check out the best of what the Mad Hatter said this week leading up to the Alabama game. Next week we’ll see what he says leading up to the Arkansas game.
- SEC Country’s Alabama writer Alex Smith asks Tide fans: “Who would you rather have on the sideline — Saban or The Bear?
- Ohio State put in a new play to practice field goal returns. So while poking fun at the Crimson Tide, the Buckeyes simply call their play “Bama.” The play takes a jab at Alabama in their last-second loss to Auburn in 2013 in the 109-yard field goal by Auburn that’s become known as “Kick Six.”