3 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Arkansas fans. It’s Mississippi State Monday and the Hogs are bowl eligible and tied for second in the SEC West. There have been worse Mondays this year, right?
Razorbacks got a shout out from a former president and are favorites to beat the MSU Bulldogs this week. So let’s get dig in.
Here are three things to know:
- Arkansas is an early, yet slight, favorite to beat Mississippi State, a team that’s won three straight against the Hogs.
- The Razorbacks received high marks from current NFL stars as well as a former U.S. President — even on a night when the president’s wife had a busy debate of her own.
- The entire squad knocked it out of the park to beat a solid LSU squad. Here’s the SEC Country report card from Saturday’s LSU game. Not a surprising one at that.
Other Arkansas news around the Internet
- See what Arkansas coach Bret Bielema had to say on ESPN’s Sports Center Sunday Morning.
- Arkansas will have four SEC home games in Fayetteville for the first time ever. Get your season tickets for 2016 now.
- The Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette didn’t call the 31-14 win over LSU an upset, and that the best team won the game hands down.
The best stories around the SEC
- Writers at SEC Country predict that Ole Miss poses the best viable threat to Alabama waltzing into the SEC Championship game. This despite Arkansas having the same record as Ole Miss and holding the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Rebels. SEC Country ultimately picked Alabama and Florida for the SEC title game.
- Looks like the Auburn quarterback threw his defense under the bus for not doing enough in the Tigers’ loss to longtime foe Georgia last Saturday.
- Auburn began the season as a team that many analysts predicted would make the College Football Playoff. Now the TIgers need one more win just to become bowl eligible.They lost in four overtimes to Arkansas.They need a win against Idaho or Alabama to be bowl eligible. Will they overlook the Vandals?