3 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Arkansas fans. Coach Bret Bielema met with the media on Monday as the team prepares for its game against Alabama this week. There’s plenty to get you caught up on so let’s not waste any time.
Here’s everything you need to know about Arkansas today:
- Bielema thinks extremely highly of Alabama’s defensive line. The Arkansas coach included the words “NFL” and “machine” while describing the Crimson Tide’s defensive front.
- The Razorbacks got some bad news on the recruiting trail. A 3-star offensive line recruit decommitted from Arkansas on Monday after being committed since June.
- Offensive lineman Sebastian Tretola won SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week. The big guy took home the weekly honor after playing 73 offensive snaps and recording four knockdown blocks in the Razorbacks’ win over Tennessee.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- The Arkansas News Bureau’s Eric W. Bolin touched on a little bit of everything in a story on Monday. He looked back on the win against Tennessee, glanced forward to Alabama and gave his thoughts on the Razorbacks’ wide receivers.
- We got some hoops news! Bolin previewed the Arkansas basketball season, as coach Mike Anderson and a few players met with the media on Monday. Basketball season is right around the corner.
- The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette’s Andrew Hutchinson reviewed the Arkansas offense against Tennessee. It was just just the third time that the Razorbacks collected at least 200 yards on the ground and through the air under Bielema.
Best stories around the SEC
- Auburn dismissed star receiver Duke Williams from the program on Monday
- An ex-Ohio State commit said he wasn’t hearing much from Urban Meyer. The breakdown in communication played a role in his decommitment from the Buckeyes on Sunday.
- South Carolina still held practice on Monday despite flooding
- Continuing with the trend of basketball news, a Kentucky guard broke his hand and will miss four weeks
— SEC Sports (@SEC) October 5, 2015