3 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Arkansas fans. It was a relatively slow news day with the Hogs Tuesday, but offensive players did meet with the media following practice. They had plenty to say about the upcoming Alabama game, and one particular player was a hot topic.
Don’t let the anticipation get to you: It was Alex Collins. The junior has been a force out of the backfield this season, and multiple media outlets highlighted the running back on Tuesday.
Let’s get you caught up with all the news on Collins and everything Arkansas:
- Collins was named one of SEC Country’s top SEC Offensive Player of the Year candidates. The junior came in at No. 3 on the list, sitting behind LSU’s Leonard Fournette and UGA’s Nick Chubb. He coincidentally trails those two backs in rushing yards this season, as well.
- The Arkansas News Bureau’s Eric. W Bolin delved a little deeper into Collins’ season. The running back rushed for 154 yards and two touchdowns against Tennessee last weekend. Collins is on pace to collect 271 carries, 1,574 yards and 14 or 15 touchdowns this year. That would make him the best running back to play under coach Bret Bielema since 2012. You could read more about his ridiculous production HERE.
- Collins, and multiple other offensive players, previewed the Alabama game this weekend. Arkansas247’s Cole Eddy provided a transcription of all the player’s comments, covering a variety of topics. One thing was clear–the Razorbacks are ready for the Crimson Tide.
Best stories from around the SEC
- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn addressed the dismissal of star wide receiver Duke Williams on Tuesday
- SEC Nation will broadcast at the Tennessee-UGA game this weekend
- Leonard Fournette isn’t worried about winning the Heisman
- Vanderbilt picked up a commitment from a 4-star quarterback
- Two key players are helping fuel Texas A&M’s defensive improvement
Bielema: Offensive players of the week were Alex Collins and Drew Morgan.
— Razorback Football (@RazorbackFB) October 5, 2015