TGIF! The weekend is finally here, and Game Day is just one day away. Not a lot of news came out of Fayetteville, Ark., Thursday, but coach Bret Bielema just might have found his good luck charm — good thing considering the Razorbacks have a trip at Alabama on the horizon.
Let’s get you caught up on all things Arkansas:
- All the headlines in the SEC this season have centered around LSU’s Leonard Fournette and UGA’s Nick Chubb, and rightfully so. However, Arkansas running back Alex Collins is also putting together a very nice season that has really impressed Bielema.
- In advance of Saturday’s contest at Alabama, Arkansas released a hype video Thursday. UGA did the same thing last week, and obviously, it didn’t turn out well for the Bulldogs. We will see if the Razorbacks have any better luck.
- Speaking of luck, Arkansas may have found its good luck charm in the form of Bielema’s black hat. Bielema put on the hat midway through the Razorbacks’ 24-20 win at Tennessee. The Hogs will certainly need some good fortune on their side this weekend in Tuscaloosa.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- The Associated Press’ Kurt Voigt also had a nice piece on Collins’ big year. After struggling early, Collins has really hit his stride in the past three games.
- The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette’s Tom Murphy took a look at the turnaround of the Razorback offense over the past few weeks. After Arkansas’ shocking loss to Tulsa, it was back to basics for the Razorbacks, and they seemed to have figured things out.
- Looking ahead to baseball season, Arkansas released its 2016 schedule Thursday. The Razorbacks begin SEC play March 18 at South Carolina.