Good morning, Arkansas fans!
What an action-packed day surrounding the SEC Monday. It was a day filled with tons of breaking news, butthe Razorbacks, who have a bye this week, had a quiet day. Coach Bret Bielema didn’t have his weekly press conference, and there wasn’t a ton of news coming out of Fayetteville.
Let’s get you caught up on what did transpire Monday:
- The SEC released the kickoff times Monday for all the Week 8 games on Oct. 24. Arkansas will host Auburn at Noon ET, and the game will be televised on the SEC Network.
- Bielema was at the center of a hot-topic discussion on social media and message boards Monday for his involvement in a personal foul call on Alabama left tackle Cam Robinson in the Razorbacks’ 27-14 loss Saturday night.
- With Bielema’s weekly press conference cancelled due to the bye week, the local media was instead invited to tour Arkansas’ new basketball practice facility. Between this new building and Bud Walton Arena, coach Mike Anderson certainly has a lot to show off on the recruiting trail.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- Speaking of the new basketball practice facility, Alyssa Orange of NWA News has some video of the new building.
- Former Arkansas shortstop Matt Reynolds made his Major League debut Monday night for the New York Mets. Reynolds replaced Ruben Tejada who broke his leg in a controversial play at second base with the Dodgers’ Chase Utley. Reynolds is just the second player in the modern era to make his big league debut in the postseason.